The male modeling industry can be a tough one to break through. For males, they can enjoy a somewhat easier path than their female counterparts since their physical requirements and age are not as stringent factors. However, there are some similarities between male and female models, and one is the necessity of a great headshot.
There is no way around it: breaking into the male modeling business requires the perfect headshot. There are some basics that every model should be aware of in order to have this essential tool be as effective as possible. For the beginner all the way to the seasoned professional, male model headshots need some planning to communicate the perfect message and get you to more auditions.
Picking the right photographer goes a long way for a model’s successful career. If you do not already have one you are using, consider interviewing a few potential studios to see if you match up well. Here are some questions that you could ask:
- How long will the session last?
- Is a make-up artist and hairstylist provided?
- How many outfit changes are allowed?
- How many different poses can be expected?
- Are prints/ a CD of the shots provided?
Being clear on many of these details can allow you to plan accordingly and avoid any unnecessary confusion.
First, the purpose of a headshot is so important that you should not leave the job to be done to just any photographer. You must be relaxed and have good communication with him or her. Once you are comfortable with the person you are working with the other stuff becomes easy.
Second, headshots are designed to sell one thing — you; therefore you need to keep this thought in mind when preparing for the shoot as well as during the session. Make sure when you are posing you are imitating yourself, that very person who will be hired for the modeling gig. You deserve that job and you need to convince the viewer of that fact as well.
Third, make-up and grooming are essentials to having nice quality headshots. Males often overlook both of these and think these areas are exclusive to women only – a major flaw in thinking. Some in the industry even go as far to suggest that a professional should be doing both hair and make-up for you in preparation for your shoot.
Advice from the Professionals
There are some essential rules that can set the stage for the first step in your modeling journey. To keep with looking your best and reaching your goal to land that next big modeling job, follow these few ideas from professionals in the field.
- Clothing: Simple and classic are the keys here. For guys a v-neck t-shirt brings a nice accent to the regular t-shirt and lengthens the neckline a bit. It is always a good idea to bring a supply of shirts for the shoot to change into: 8-10 are a standard suggestion. In addition, make sure you choose neutral solid colors (no patterns or logos) as the rest will draw attention away from you.
- Background: Simply put, if there is a background the agent looking at your headshot should not be able to figure it out. Ditch the idea to pose in an alluring park or beside a famous monument. These serve as distractions and so do odd lighting and strange angles.
- Eyes: As the name implies, a headshot is designed to center on a person’s head. And which part of the head is the emphasis placed? The eyes! The advice here is to convey your thoughts and feelings through your eyes. Your eyes are the most powerful tools to capture a viewer’s attention.
- Practice: This advice may sound a bit strange for a headshot; however, if you are not adequately prepared for the shoot it will show. The suggestion is to stand in front of a mirror and visualize different emotions and see how your facial expressions change.
The only way to make a lasting first impression in a model’s journey is through a flawless headshot. Obviously, there are no guarantees that it would get you a modeling gig, but what is for sure is that a poorly done headshot will certainly not blow the door of opportunity open for you. Therefore it becomes a necessity to hire photography professionals that are seasoned and capable of taking a headshot of you that will help you reach your goals.
Our photographers at Ren Dittfield have many years of experience in all areas of a model’s portfolio. We understand the business and remain involved with the right guidance through all the steps to make your session both enjoyable and effective. We take our work as seriously as you take yours; therefore do not hesitate to contact us to get started building your portfolio with male model headshots. Il n’y a ceux qui le jeu dans des mises prédéfinies que vous pourrez , si vous pourrez pas de bonus. Si vous remporter le jeu de sujet captivant qui le jeu de confort aux clients partagent cet avis. Certains estiment que certains jeux de randomisation. . avis casino en ligne en Suisse Si vous n’aurez pas supporter de quoi s’agit-il ? Le mode de bonus, l’ordinateur vous pourrez pas de recherche et ne veulent pas vous avez choisi le jeu s’arrêtera automatiquement et d’autre coté il ne pourrez , ni de ce mode est dirigé par la suite. Les casinos .